We have various workshops throughout the world and at different times of the year. While we cater to both advanced and novice photographers, whether you are an experienced photographer or not is not important. A safari is first and foremost a memorable adventure that you will remember for years to come.
Also, it’s important to note that these safaris are a natural setting for quick learning and photographic skill acquisition due to the abundance of opportunities to take a great photo. If you are interested in learning how to take better photos regardless of your starting point, then a safari is the perfect place!
- We’ll head out in the bush early morning and late afternoon on game drives. Other daily activities will include individual instruction and group discussions.
- A pre-departure online learning session will span a range of photographic topics including lighting, the exposure triangle, landscapes, portraits, wildlife composition and what makes a super photo, plus all about photo equipment, post-processing and much, much more.
- A dedicated photo host will be on each safari. While we travel at times in multiple vehicles, if they are not in your vehicle, you will always have access to them via walkie-talkie, so you can ask questions at any time while on a game drive.
- If you choose to, you can share your photos with other guests during our mid-day group discussions as we’ve found that to be a fun way to gain valuable feedback from your fellow photographer/travelers.
- Most camera types (compact, mirrorless, bridge, DSLR) are suitable as long as they have a ‘mode’ dial (P, A, S, M).
Our standard safari vehicles are used which usually seat 6 travelers, however on photographic safari workshops we limit travelers to 3 photographers so there’s room for you to photograph in an unfettered way. We can usually accommodate one non photographer if a spouse is on the safari. Ask for details on where and when this is possible.
We would love to chat with you about your specific vision of a safari workshop and about our team of both amateur expert and professional photographers that host these workshops. Please call us today at , 800-779-2146 or contact us here.